NEW DATES COMING SOON FOR 2020/21
These Work Groups give teachers opportunities – through collaboration and experimentation – to develop improved teaching approaches that support the open-ended problem-solving skills Core Maths students need, and share these with departmental colleagues. Participant departments will support the role of Core Maths in promoting contextualised problem-solving and links to teaching in other subject areas. This programme is run in conjunction with the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP).
By getting involved, participants will:
- understand the philosophy of Core Maths, with its approach to maths through contextualised problem-solving
- explore a range of common Core Maths approaches and topics (e.g. Fermi problems, critical analysis of numbers in the media) and their use of pre-release materials
- identify and make effective use of existing Core Maths resources
- support senior leadership in understanding the benefits of Core Maths
- understand the role of Core Maths in promoting problem solving within GCSE Maths
Who should attend?
This programme is aimed at teachers of Core Maths in post-16 settings.
The FREE programme consists of 3 separate training sessions.
Applications for this programme will re-open in September 2020. Register your interest today.