APPLY NOW FOR OUR 2021/22 PROGRAMME – scroll down and click ‘Apply Now’
This programme is for schools who have a commitment to developing a whole school approach to teaching for mastery. If your school would like to start the mastery journey, please apply for our Mastery Readiness Work Groups by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ below.
Your school will be part of a Work Group of up to 7 schools working together at workshops. The Work Group is led by one of our experienced Mastery Readiness Leads. During the year, you will work closely together to develop subject and pedagogical knowledge, as well as supporting teaching, learning and leadership of maths across your school by looking at the Five Big Ideas of Mastery Readiness.
Mastery Readiness Work Groups
- Each school identifies two teachers to lead developments within their school, one of whom should be the maths lead
- The two teachers work together with the Mastery Readiness Lead and teachers from the other Work Group schools in regular workshops. It is vital that the headteacher attends at least the first workshop with their staff
- Each school receives regular support visits from the Mastery Readiness Lead to support the participants and leaders to develop and work on an action plan for the school
- The headteacher works with the Mastery Readiness Lead and other members of the Maths Hub leadership to develop whole school policies and structures to support teaching for mastery
- Following the first year, schools are expected to then continue being part of the Teaching for Mastery Work Group led by a Mastery Specialist. Beyond that year, there will be opportunities to continue embedding and sustain a teaching for mastery approach with the support of a specialist and other schools.
Benefits for participating schools
Participating in the Work Group will provide the following benefits to participant schools:
- Free, high quality maths support and resources for the school including teacher professional development for the lead teachers
- Opportunities to work closely with other schools also developing mastery
- Support for the headteacher in addressing leadership issues related to mathematics and contributing to raising standards