APPLY NOW FOR OUR 2021/22 PROGRAMME – scroll down and click ‘Apply Now’
The ‘sustaining’ phase of Teaching for Mastery is designed to offer FREE support to schools who have previously completed the Teaching for Mastery Programme working with a Mastery Specialist in 2016/17, 2017/18 or 2018/19, and are based in Manchester, Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale or Bury.
This is an ideal opportunity for schools who are looking to focus on the continued improvement, consistency and refinement of the mastery approach. Workshops will be held online until face-to-face delivery can be safely resumed
Watch our video to find out more: https://vimeo.com/471094297
The sustaining Work Group will consist of 6 sessions spread across the year led by Mastery Specialist teachers, designed around the needs of the participating schools. Key focus areas will be COVID recovery strategies, collaborative planning, leadership and specialist subject knowledge development.
Each school will have a lead participant in the Work Group, normally the subject leader for maths. Alongside the Maths Lead, another teacher will be able to participate in the Work Groups. The individual may differ from one session to another. This will depend on the session context and the individual will be chosen by each participating school.
Participants and their schools will:
- Enhance their mathematical subject knowledge, emphasising key areas of maths
- Learn how to establish an effective collaborative planning culture
- Plan, teach and reflect collaboratively to provide a coherent mastery curriculum
- Continue to refine school structures and systems to embed and sustain mastery
- Continue to ensure a sustainable model for collaborative planning and ongoing specialist subject knowledge development for all teachers