ALL SESSIONS ONLINE
This programme provides national support for the effective development of pedagogy in the teaching of A level Mathematics to enhance the quality of teaching and the conceptual understanding of students.
The aim is to develop and sustain regional communities of practice involving collaboration between teachers. The focus is on developing pedagogy in A level Maths teaching, and developing participants as leaders of A level teaching professional development in their own school or college.
By getting involved, participants and their departments will:
- know the content and requirements of the linear A level Maths
- understand the purpose of the over-arching themes and their impact on teaching and learning, including use of technology
- be confident to teach aspects of the content (particularly mechanics and statistics)
- plan sequences of lessons which meet the requirements of the A level, including addressing the overarching themes and use of technology
- support colleagues in their own school/college in embedding themes from the Work Group.
Who can apply?
The programme is aimed at schools/colleges/departments that want to develop one or more aspects of their A level pedagogy including the use of technology. It would be suitable for existing leaders of A level teaching or experienced teachers of A level Maths who wish to lead the development of pedagogy in their own or other schools/colleges.
What is the cost?
This programme is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme and so is free to participating schools/colleges.
First session: 10th February 2021 3-5pm – online
We will endeavour to support all individuals and departments that wish to engage in this professional development. If you cannot attend, a recording and/or catch up session will be made available.