ALL SESSIONS ONLINE
These Work Groups give teachers opportunities – through collaboration and experimentation – to develop improved teaching approaches that support the open-ended problem-solving skills Core Maths students need, and share these with departmental colleagues. Participant departments will support the role of Core Maths in promoting contextualised problem-solving and links to teaching in other subject areas. This programme is run in conjunction with the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP).
By getting involved, participants will:
- understand the philosophy of Core Maths, with its approach to maths through contextualised problem-solving
- explore a range of common Core Maths approaches and topics and their use of pre-release materials
- identify and make effective use of existing Core Maths resources
- support senior leadership in understanding the benefits of Core Maths
- understand the role of Core Maths in promoting problem solving within GCSE Maths
Who can apply?
This programme is aimed at teachers of Core Maths in post-16 settings.
What is the cost?
This programme is fully funded by NW1 Maths Hub and the AMSP so is free to participating schools/colleges.
In light of the current situation, we are offering increased flexibility in our delivery. Dates will be selected to suit participants.
We will endeavour to support all individuals and departments that wish to engage in this professional development. If you cannot attend, a recording and/or catch up session will be made available.