ALL SESSIONS ONLINE. FIRST SESSION: 17th November 2020 – online
These Work Groups give teachers opportunities – through collaboration and experimentation – to develop improved teaching approaches that support the open-ended problem-solving skills Core Maths students need, and share these with departmental colleagues. Participant departments will support the role of Core Maths in promoting contextualised problem-solving and links to teaching in other subject areas. This programme is run in conjunction with the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP).
By getting involved, participants will:
- understand the philosophy of Core Maths, with its approach to maths through contextualised problem-solving
- explore a range of common Core Maths approaches and topics and their use of pre-release materials
- identify and make effective use of existing Core Maths resources
- support senior leadership in understanding the benefits of Core Maths
- understand the role of Core Maths in promoting problem solving within GCSE Maths
Who can apply?
This programme is aimed at teachers of Core Maths in post-16 settings.
What is the cost?
This programme is fully funded by NW1 Maths Hub and the AMSP so is free to participating schools/colleges.
Participants must be able to commit to the full academic year’s programme (5 sessions), including completion of school/classroom gap tasks as required.
17th November 2020 2-4pm: online
9th December 2020 2-4pm: online
26th January 2021 2-4pm: online
9th March 2021 2-4pm: online
20th April 2021 2-4pm: online