NEW DATES COMING SOON FOR 2020/21
This project provides national support for the effective development of pedagogy in the teaching of A level Mathematics to enhance the quality of teaching and the conceptual understanding of students. Its aim is to develop and sustain regional communities of practice involving collaboration between teachers. The focus is on developing pedagogy in A level Maths teaching, and developing participants as leaders of A level teaching professional development in their own school or college.
By getting involved, participants and their departments will:
- know the content and requirements of the linear A level Maths
- understand the purpose of the over-arching themes and their impact on teaching and learning, including use of technology
- be confident to teach aspects of the content (particularly mechanics and statistics)
- plan sequences of lessons which meet the requirements of the A level, including addressing the overarching themes and use of technology
- support colleagues in their own school/college in embedding themes from the Work Group.
The FREE programme consists of 2 separate training sessions.
Applications for this programme will re-open in September 2020. Register your interest today.